Project Engineer - Lisburn (GB)Tuesday, 03 April 2012
Closing Date: Thu 12th April 2012
Bucking the trend. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, forward-thinking company who – despite the economic climate – are experiencing consistent growth and success at home and abroad.
Prospects for personal development and progression are superb, if you have a genuine desire to succeed and actively contribute to the ongoing success of Smiley Monroe.
We are recruiting for a 12 month full time position, to join us as:
Starting salary: £20k
Based in Lisburn, reporting to our R&D Manager, the successful candidate will be working on and leading a range of projects across the business units, focused on Process Improvement as well as New Product Development and Testing.
This is initially a 12 month role that will develop into a permanent position for the right person.
Health & Safety
All duties will be conducted in line with the operational guidelines set out in our Risk Assessments and Health & Safety Handbook.
Role + Responsibilities
- Communicating regularly with project stakeholders on the status of projects & co-ordinating project activities to meet deadlines
- Identifying & securing resources & budgets & managing project plans
- Tracking all project hours & costs
- Taking an active role in customer site audits to obtain end user feedback on current & potential products
- Ensuring all new development projects have an implementation plan (timeline) with key milestones
- Ensuring all project meetings are recorded with minutes & relevant actions & timescales
- Ensuring that all project plans are achieved in relation to financial & quality objectives
- Ensuring that all intellectual property acquired or developed during the course of a project is protected in the best interests of the company
- Managing any external relationships that the company may develop with universities, institutes or other organisations for the purpose of acquiring new knowledge or access technology for the purpose of diversifying the company's product range
- Maintaining appropriate files & records relative to work undertaken
- Performing other duties as assigned by company management
What we look for in you:
- Minimum 2:2 in a relevant Engineering discipline (Mechanical / Manufacturing / Product / Process)
- Computer literate (Microsoft applications) with CAD experience (AutoCAD, Inventor or similar)
- Experience in leading an improvement project with a measured financial benefit
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both oral & written, including effective presentation & influencing skills
- Good organisational & planning ability
- Results focused & ability to work on own initiative
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Able to travel outside NI on occasion
- 1 year relevant experience
How to Apply:
Download an and form and return to the address below:
HR c/o Sonia Winton
Smiley Monroe Ltd
23 Ferguson Drive
Knockmore Hill Industrial Park
Lisburn, Co. Antrim BT28 2EX