Distillation TechnologistThursday, 08 September 2011
Location: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
This position in Shells Project and Technology Organization is in the Amsterdam process technology services department for the Europe/Middle East/Africa region. This business provides cost effective and innovative technology solutions to help our business partners achieve top quartile performance. The main activities are technical advice, on-site assistance, process design work for revamps and new units, know how/experience transfer and Process and Catalyst Research & Development. We deliver these services on subjects primarily related to the Oil Products, Chemicals and Gas businesses, and to a client base which includes Shell companies, joint ventures and several non-Shell customers.
This position in Project and Technology is in the Amsterdam process technology services organization for the Europe/Middle East/Africa region (EMEA). The position published here resides in the Distillation group and is for an experienced technologist/engineer providing technology services to Shell and third party Downstream manufacturing plants and will:
- Provide specialist Distillation process technology advice on optimal operation and plant performance;
- lead/participate in margin improvement and energy reduction activities,technical audits,safety audits,etc.;
- focus on helping the manufacturing sites achieving existing plans as well as propose challenges to improve technology propositions and develop new proposals together with the sites.
- In partnership with refinery service managers the Distillation technologist builds intimate working relations and visible presence with counterparts at the sites.
- He or she establishes good working relationships and effective interfaces within the organisation and apply workload balancing if and when needed.
- Fast and quality response to all service requests from our partners.
- Manage operating expenditure / budgets for projects/studies where the jobholder is activity leader.
- Ensure follow through on technology recommendations (to ensure that recommendations are taken on board).
- You will obtain and maintain intimate knowledge of the key process issues at the sites,and have familiarity with the site top threats to availability,and the site prioritized tactics.
- Coach and mentor young process technologists.
- Adhere to quality standards and ensure that all HSE,Group,Regulatory,Quality,and other appropriate standards are complied with.
- Solid process engineering and/or technology skills with minimum 7 years deep and broad technical experience in relevant technologies;
- >3 yrs manufacturing experience.
- Professional mastery in chemical engineering;
- Preferably masters degree or equivalent.
- Full mastery of written and spoken English
- Results driven;
- Ability to develop and maintain relations at the sites and engage other stakeholders;
- Evidence of Enterprise First values and behaviors;
- Flexible mindset;
- Good team worker/builder
Application Deadline: Thursday 29 September 2011
Number of Vacancies: 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.